See my sig line, I'll really just about let them walk into the muzzle if possible and I pray for chip shots. But the LR work makes chip shots longer for me than most.

Example in point, I don't blink twice at 100 yards irons with a MZ. And I'm zero'd where I can easily hit an elk good at 200 if need be. Most folks are less than that and don't even think about 200. Add a scope and a different MZ my range is an easy 300 yards.

Its much like bow.... I zero in up close when its close to season, other than that I tend to try to shoot 50 yards mostly. Not that I'd try a shot past 15 yards here, as our deer duck too bad at the shot, but practice at 50 makes 15 doable in your sleep.

Keep it up. Odds are its gonna be hard to find a must be 600 yard shot unless you are looking specifically for it. But as the sig line says, sure don't hurt to be prepared just in case.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....