Toltegriz

I use quick reply... nothing ever directed specifically at someone....

Yep random movement is there... I relay a 75ish yard shot... 2 pigs crossing the road, my nephew ends up firing just before I did, and as a result, I had a total miss of where the pig WAS a micro secodn before, that could have been a bad shot (is that possible on a pig) but lucky was a miss.

random movement is always an issue. Odds are it bites you worse at long range due to common sense, but lets face it, a grazing relaxed animal isn't going to do much normally, and a bedded animal almost never can move enough to be an issue.

Bottom line, IMHO most average folks will get bit by a wind issue before a movement issue at longer ranges.

But the real line is if I feel confident its a green light, if I am doubtful its a red light.

Last game I let walk away was cow elk at under 50 yards, they were alert, I was having a hard time with a clear target identification.... but there was certainly a shot, but I choose not to. My bottom line(not trying to sound arrogant) but I try to do the very best so that if you hear me shoot, you don't even have to ask...
My buddy listened to me take a couple of mid range pokes I was convinced I could make this spring.... ends up I had overestimated the wind at about 350 yards and decided to quit shooting at the head and use the lungs... but his comment was, you never shoot 2 times. I heard the first shot but no impact and your head shots usually pop pretty loud, then 2nd shot... same.... then a long pause(while I'm digging for the right baggie in my backpack with more ammo... and wiping the blood off my knuckle-- Remmy ripped a hunk of meat loose from me having a bad hold on the gun... long story but I was making do with what I had for a rest etc...) and then a THIRD shot but a loud pop...
I digress.

I'm much more concerned with a 20 yard bow shot than I am a mid range rifle shot VS animal movement, after all the bow shot the animal can hear it coming..... to top it all off, and I still aim low cause almost every animal I've shot with a bow has moved before the arrow hit. Doesn't stop me from shooting though.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....