Bottom line, given the circumstances of each particular shot, if I"m 200% sure I can make it, it goes bang. If not its a pass.
Thats regardless of if its a doe or a B/C animal. I see NO difference between any animal, and have passed shots on coyotes at under 200 since i was not confident and if, IMHO, I'm the one that decides to end somethigns life, it needs to be done right NOW, whether its a snake or a trophy or in between.

As to high BC bullets not being adept at close in shots.. its very simple and been mentioned before, I carry stout bullets in the gun. If I have to stretch my legs I can single load a LR round with specific bullet, and as such I"ll be having to adjust my zero to hit anyway.... its very simple to make the adjustment to that specific bullet..... I shoot or used to shoot 4 different bullets in a highpower match, we had 4 stages and I had specific bullets for each. I also had specific bullets for different conditions, IE not only did I use 4 different for the stages, in each stage I often had at my access either 2 or 3 different loads for the days conditions, whether it was wind bucking, accuracy, or average day as to requirements.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....