I went with the Defensive Edge break made by Shawn Carlock in Idaho ( www.defensiveedge.net ). I put the .875" 3-Port on my Sendero, it fits well and the recoil reduction is amazing (although I didn't shoot the .300 RUM before the break). I went with the baffle style break rather than the radial style because I shoot prone a lot so I don't want junk flying around when the gun goes off. I've read that the baffle style is a bit more effective at reducing recoil, but I shot Jamie's .300 RUM with a radial break and it wasn't bad at all... probably more a matter of preference than anything. I believe the break was around $75 + a little shipping. I had a local gunsmith (that I trust) install the break for another $75. Every shot I've taken under field conditions I've seen the impact... some I've even seen the vapor trail while the bullet was enrout.

Business end of the Break:
[Linked Image]

I hear you on the ears thing... but how often do you shoot without hearing protection? If you're anything like me, the answer is never... even in the field I'm pretty picky about it. It only takes a second to stuff some plugs in... but you can permenantly damage your hearing just as quickly.

Last edited by DDP; 07/30/08.

To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good results from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation. ~Gordon B. Hinckley