I've used the Alaskan version in AK several times to take 2 black and 1 brown bear at ranges from 40-330 yards. The bullet was the 300 grain TSX driven by H4350 to about 2550+. Less than MOA accuracy out to 300 yds on paper. RL-15 also works well as do the 270 grain TSX and the factory loads. Haven't tried factory loads on game, but as far as accuracy and advertised MV they work well. Have seen a small brown killed with the 300 grain factory round nose - did the job. Great cartridge and rifle. My main modification was to replace the Hogue with a Borden Rimrock, a matter of taste.

I have also used the African version in 375 Ruger (also less than MOA at same range, same loads), but that one is now re-bored to 404 Ruger. Used it in Africa on Cape buffalo and some PG. Would recommend either version depending on your intended use, but would caution that the wood stock (African) should be appropriately bedded (preferably fiberglass) by someone experienced with Rugers and the action screws torqued to specs.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now