Fair enough Mr Atkinson. Was not aware you were peeved with some gunwriters comments on short actions. I myself like all types and lengths of actions, barrels, etc. as they all have their place. I tend to lean quite heavily on the side of the larger bores, as I like the .375s even for 80 lb Deer.
Of the hundred or so hunting rifles I've gone thru in my life, the .375 Ruger has fasinated me the most. . . so far.
The one thing that's still got me boggled, is the vast difference in claimed velocities with this cartridge. Have not put it over a chrono yet, but that is about to change, so will report my findings.
As yourself, I have a fair amount of experience in the field with several hundred head of big game under my belt, taken with quite a few calibers. I have read enough about yourself to know you have plenty of experience to create an opinion when it comes to rifles and calibers as well.
Mr. Atkinson. . . . . it's a pleasure!

If you want to anger a conservative, 'Lie to him'; if you want to anger a liberal, 'Tell him the truth'!