I see no point in comparing a 375 Ruger to a 375 H&H..They are balistic twins for all practical purposes..

I would take a long hard look at a 375 Ruger if I was buying my first .375, but I am not going to rush out and sell one of my H&HS just to own a Ruger..Mostly because of the amount of ammo I have loaded for the H&H, the brass on hand, the dies, and the testing and tweeking I have done on my H&Hs...

I see no advantage in one over the other, and those that do are nitpicking and have no clue on what is required of either for their intended use..If the short action is a plus then one cannot chew gum and walk at the same time..that 1/8 inch of travel should not mean anything to a rifleman..The non belted case is only in the mind of someone who has read too many gun articles, it means zilch in real life situations, the tapered case of the H&H is a plus in that it won't stick with an over load on ejection but doesn't have much to do with feeding as some proclaim. Case shape doesn't mean much on feeding, tweeking does..

All in all its just a matter of individual choice as both are fine cartridges. I have built some nice custom Mausers in both calibers and the 416 Ruger and 416 Rem also. They all work in every respect.