Originally Posted by atkinson
Hillbilly,
The case capacity of the Ruger comes from being designed FAT, and square of shoulder, and the 375 H&H Long and tapered. The end result is they are very close to each other in case capacity for all practical purposes...but even a 100 FPS will not have any practical effect on their intended purpose..

I think you have made and excellent choice and I also believe the Rugers are the coming classic of big game calibers, they are well designed, they have more than enough punch to handle all that walks, talks, or crawls on this planet..Good hunting to you! smile I, on the other hand, have about 2000 rounds of loaded a 375 H&H, bullets and brass in abundance, dies, and a wonderfull old English rifle with load work and everything already done..It would not behove me to change now, but you never know, I have a tendency to get bored with rifles and peddle them for no other reason than to start all over! smile

Ray, you are a true gentleman.
I am envious of a true Enlglish rifle in the H&H for sure. Probably not in the cards for myself at this point however as they go for a little more then available to me right now. (Retired).
Would love to see it if you can post pics. Love the things.
But I do like my Ruger for the function it provides my type of hunting. If I fall down a mountain side and scare it all to hell, that's fine. I will cherish the war wounds. But if it were a fine ol rifle as you have, I may just cry! Thanks for the kind words Ray.
Best regards, Hillbilly

If you want to anger a conservative, 'Lie to him'; if you want to anger a liberal, 'Tell him the truth'!