Originally Posted by Oakster
Think of the logistics of the situation though. Splattermatic will have to file court papers in another state. I beleive, he will likely have to travel to that state for the court hearing. He will most likely win, unless there are hidden details. Chances are he will be the only one who shows up in court. The win will get him a settlement, which is just as hard to collect as the situation he is in right now.

Pressure here might be enough to get the return of his rightful property. It would be worth the try. I would also be filing papers.

If I were Splattermatic I'd try law enforcement actions before trying the courts. You often can't get any traction with the law enforcement approach, but if you do get action it will work well.

Was the Post Office used for any part of this transaction? Involving the Postal Inspectors to investigate this fraud brings a lot of teeth to bear.

If you are in different states you might try acting through Sitka's state's Attorney General's office. They will take a complaint, whether or not they will investigate and prosecute it will depend on their budget.

If it is an interstate transaction, an inquiry to Splattermatic's local FBI office is also worth a try. They really don't like fraud, but they too will have budgetary restrictions on what they can bother themselves with. If his local office can't help, he should inquire of Sitka's local FBI office.

Since the value of this property might amount to Grand Theft, there is a fair chance of a law enforcement solution.

I hate bullys!

Last edited by GunReader; 08/17/11.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~