Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by teal
.......Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

I'm not inclined to get the law or a lawyer involved in my personal business I can handle myself.

Personally, if I got screwed by someone for anything around $1,000 or so, I'd get a helluva lot more satisfaction dragging their name thru the mud than sitting in some stinkin' lawyers office watching them think about all the money they were making listening to my sob story.

Absolutely correct and I'll even bump that figure to ten grand. Case in point, I was swindled by a Custom rifle maker of over six grand in Washington state. So I hired a lawyer, sued him obtained a judgment for the amount plus lawyer fees that he agreed to. He ignored it. Hauled him back to court and he was a no show so an arrest warrant was issued by the court for Contempt. Since it's a Civil Warrant the cops don't actively serve these, and that was over to years ago. So all I did was throw another two grand down the [bleep] for the attorney. The laws favor the perpetrator and if it out of state, forget about it. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”