All name-calling and accusations aside........

I don't know Splattermatic and have no comment on his character nor actions.

I'm no stock maker and actually prefer synthetic, so can't comment on the stock in question, nor what was needed, requested, nor the original condition.

I cannot comment on why the work has not been completed, why the stock is still in Art's possession and why it has not yet been returned.

BUT...I'll bet anyone a Pepsi that only Art and Splat are the only individuals in possession of ALL the facts, reasons and issues; VAnimrod aside. As Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story".

On the other hand, I do know Art. I have hunted with him, done business with him, spent time in his home with his family, and socialized with them all. He has done gunsmithing for me, gratis, no less. They are likewise welcome in my home, if that could be arranged. I can comment on his character.

Art is a loyal and trustworthy person. I believe him to be honest with integrity above reproach. I would trust him with any firearms, to do any work on them, and much else.

The conundrum is juxtaposing that knowledge with accusations made in this thread. Again, I can't explain this situation, but I do know that I trust Art and call him a friend.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender