My best friend, who played Nose Guard for the University of Missouri, built a lightweight fiberglass stocked 416 Wby... that thing was brutal! He could sit at the bench and put 3 shots into a sub-moa group. However, after 10 rounds he'd be black and blue in the shoulder, but you wouldn't know it by the groups. He's essentially recoil-proof... not me. That thing SUCKED.

Another time we were shooting and another friend borrowed his 45-70 Marlin with 2-7 Leupold on top... he was warned the scope might bite him... advice he ignored. First shot, he get's up with a "damn" and blood running out of his thoroughly broken nose! He "adjusted" it and didn't say much more laugh

Like anyone that's hunted much, I've been "scoped" (aka, Wby eyebrow)... but that can happen with even fairly mild rounds like the 30-06.

I've had light 338's and the like, and when I was in my 30's they didn't bother me. Coming up on 51, I prefer stuff that kicks like the 270 and 308 Win.

Color me wimppy...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery