Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Shooting this:

[Linked Image]

Out of this 7 lb shotgun:

[Linked Image]

For Comparisons,..that's an 875 gr. projectile moving at 1125 fps(per Winchester)..

Still have 7 shells left in that box,..must have lost 2.

Never again..!

+1.

Winchester XXT12L4, 12 Gauge 3-1/2", MAG DR. Equiv, 2-1/4 oz., 4 shot turkey loads from a Remington 870 Super-Mag.

After a morning of walking in the woods with my hunting buddy, we found ourselves on a ledge. Some pines were growing below one in particular had a top full of green pine cones. The cones were shoulder high and I decided to try out one of those loads to see how many cones I could blast out of the tree.

The recoil knocked me back a couple steps, knocked my glasses askew, and I thought my middle finger was broken by the trigger guard. After recovering sufficiently, I told my hunting buddy �Your turn.� He showed good sense and politely refused.

It was a couple hours before my finger quit hurting. Out of the original box of 10 there are 9 left and they will undoubtedly last me a lifetime!

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 02/20/12.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.