INteresting reading. I"ve got quite a few of the guns mentioned as bears....

But I'm like Dober, its gonna nail you regardless so you may as well hit with it.

Wife and I have shot everything up to the 460 wtby level, no big nitros, no one owns one around here....

The worst by far was a 378 wtby and 2 rounds of that and I was done... I have a 338-378 thats not bad at all. And have shot the 30-378 same. The full on 378 sucks for us. Just too quick on the recoil for me. Not so much too much, but it hits faster than I could "expect" it.

I"ve got a single shot NEF 10 ga, an off brand single shot 10 thats lighter than the NEF(NEF is a puzz compared recoil wise) and a BPS 10... none of them have ever bothered me. Buckshot loads would get your attention though as would heavy turkey loads but still nothing bad.

I still don't have a clue why the 378 just beat us up, wife and I both. Though she did shoot a squirrel with it before we gave it back to friend that had bought it, and he resold it after he shot it one time... And we've shot all kinds of 375 H/H, 375 wtby, 416 mags etc...none of them seem bad. ONly thing I can maybe come up wiht was stock design, have no clue what that stock was though...

The lighter mags for me, are interesting, the recoil is never bad, but light means they move and torque around on you etc... you have to watch from being scope bit, but I often feel the light guns recoil is mostly movement of the muzzle up in the air, more so than straight back into my body.

The other thing I"ll note, seems fairly consistent too, the bigger the folks are the more they complain about recoil, the smaller the folks are the less it bothers them it seems. I can see the more mass you have to absorb the recoil, IE stop it, instead of recoiling with it, the worse it COULD hurt.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....