4 me rifles have never bothered me much, big lil or small I just deal with them. G-dad told me you're gonna get hit anyway so make it count.

Only time I had issues on game with a rifle was the one time, (did I say one time) that I used a rifle with a mzl break on it. I hit broke a cows back at 450 yds on a steep up angle, and had to shoot (or try to) again. I jerked the trigger so darn bad I don't think I hit the mtn she was on with that second shot. Then, I had some serious prayer timing asking that I hit on the next shot... wink

Now BB guns (shotguns) have at times been less than an orgasmic experience. When I was young (10ish) I recall shooting a Silver Snipe sxs 12 that wasn't any too much fun.

And the last time I hunted sky carp (geese) it was 23 below and I was shooting a 3.5" 12 with heavy loads from sitting on the ground and other positions as well. Not a load of fun either...grin

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 02/19/12.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy