nightforce has added quite a few new features to their scopes recently, high speed turrets and the best zero stop of any scope manufacturer. alot of diehard NF users have and continue to upgrade their older models for new ones with the added features. thus more used scopes on the market. They have also added alot of new reticles. NF isn't really a hunting scope. but they do make the best long range hunting scope out there. if you are cranking the dials I highly recommend NF. leupold doesn't cut it for consistent tracking and repeated up and down adjustment. some will disagree I don't care most people haven't really put a scope truely through its paces in this manner.

I think the optics on the NF scopes are quite good, I think many people feel they should have similar optics to the top end zeiss and swaro hunting scopes, which are priced about the same. keep in mind those rugged adjustments and better internals is part of what you are paying for. NF also holds its value extremely well. They are also very very easy to get behind and have a very forgiving eyebox, which I CANNOT say about leupold.