Billy,

Thanks for the info.

I've got a Mark 4 10x on my 6.5-06. The adjustments have always been dead-nuts and very reliable. In fact the first time I cranked it out to 600+ yards, after sighting-in at 100, the 140 VLD's landed right where they should according to the ballistic program. Of course I'd tested the adjustments for accuracy by shooting and adjusting at 100, but it was nice to see everything work out so easily way out there.

Of course, I haven't taken any big game with the rifle beyond 163 yards, but have shot some varmints at longer distances. Impressed the hell out of a few friends while we were shooting prairie dogs a couple years ago. We'd either killed or spooked all the dogs inside 400 yards with normal PD rifles, so I got out the 6.5-06, lasered a dog at 470, cranked the elevation turret, and killed the dog with the very first shot.(Of course, I didn't have enough sense to put the rifle away after that--but did get a few more out to around 600.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck