Originally Posted by angv350
I got my vx 6 3-18x44 last week. They are not on the leupold online catalogue. Very nice scope for the money. I rate it a hair below Z3 and have 0 knowledge on night force.

I agree about Leupold's catalogs and web site not being current, and with some errors.

I have a VX-6 2-12x42, a Z3 4-12x50 BT and a Z5 3.5-18x44. To me, the VX-6 is as good as the Z3 and gives the Z5 a serious run. I like the VX-6 duplex better than the Z3 and found the Z5 duplex much too thin for hunting. It was so bad, I spent another $125 and a trip back to Swaro for a retro #4 German. Right now, the Z5 needs to go back for repair. The BT turret is held on the scope by two small plastic clips. One broke, so now that assembly is held in place by one small plastic clip. They'll fix it gratus, but it's a pain to remove the scope, lose zero, send it back and start over. Oh well, at least Swaro and Leupold have great CS.

I've used a Nightforce, don't own one. They're very good, but bulky and heavy, and their reticles are way too complicated for me. For hunting, I'd go with something else. I like a good, medium heavy duplex and a dedicated elevation turret for what I do.

DF