Originally Posted by Eremicus
So, you are talking about special forces units ? They have alwyas used wide variety of scopes.
My understanding that they all have problems from time to time. We've had a couple of posters point out that if your Nightforce develops any problems, it's a six month wait to get anything fixed. Nightforce has no big contracts with the military. Probably beccause they can't deal with problem scopes in a timely manner.
Again, which Leupolds ? The fixed magnification 10X, Mk.4 has been the Army's day scope since the 80's. It was developed to meet the Army's standards which no one could do at the time. That's the same story that led to the development of the new Mk.8's. Nobody else could make one that worked.
Until I see some carefully done testing that proves otherwise, I'm going to believe that Leupold builds as good a scope as anyone could want. Depends on which one you choose for what job. E

Hey E, It's simply amazing that when given the choice to use something else, they do!!!

Take a good look at as much live sniper footage as you can and you will see S&B very very often!!!

You really don't need to pound your chest on "all things Eremicus" to justify your purchases, it ok really...

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi