JG: You got the wrong guy... smile simply amplifying what Dave said about match shooters...I have yet to see a NF in the field...course maybe I'm not running in the correct circles grin

Here's my take FWIW.....near as I can tell much of this is an "apples/oranges" conversation....I mean some of these match/tactical shooters in competition shoot and practice a LOT.I mean the annual round expenditure will exceed what even an avid hunter/shooter(even a hard core varmint shooter) will do in 2-10 years(we are talking in the thousands annually, sometimes 5 figures).

IME there are VERY few hunters who come close to the round count expended by match shooters, unless they partake in both activites...not all do.

Those scopes are constanly clicking,putting up with a lot of recoil effects,unlike many of the scopes we all use for much of our hunting.And even if they are so used, they don't see as much action and are not subject to as much stress as the scopes run in competition.

In many ways it is really unfair to compare a Leupold with a NF or S&B,because they are simply built to different design standards,levels of precision,toughness,and price points.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.