Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by JGRaider
NF rules the BR and competition. That's obviously a fact. Now I'll turn it around on you BR guys.........I've seen one NF out of 110-120 scopes in hunting camp.

In my trips to Canada the hunting scope I saw the most was the Zeiss.I was always the odd man out running the S&B.We played pass the scope many a night.No one,including myself felt, I was giving anything up.Once and awhile a new guy would show up with a loopie.Anyone I ever saw who showed up with loopie for there first hunt, ever came back with one.

dave

Out of several hundred hunters that have come through our place over the years, I remember one S&B. There were probably more (as I didn't see everything that came through camp), but I remember that one because at the time I had never heard of them.

Lots of Leupolds, a few Zeiss, plenty of Nikons. Don't recall ever seeing a Nightforce.

Of course there were Bushnell topped semi-auto Remingtons too (not the guys you wanted to guide). Fortunately those are pretty rare nowadays.

Then again, our hunts are fairly classic, there's no knob spinning or night shooting involved. So basically a Nightforce or some other equally heavy piece of crap strapped to the top of your gun is a waste.