Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
I've got a couple of Leupold MK 4 LRT's in 10 x40 that I sure like for LR shooting. How well regarded were they by our service users? Magnum man

If you are talking about the old M3A then us older guys liked it, most of the younger guys have never used one. The MK4 M3LR took over for it early 2000 timeframe.

dodgefan both of mine have M3 dials and are Mk IV 10 x40 as marked neither has an A or LR after the M3 on the dials or scope that I can see. The one on my 308 has a mil dot reticle and the turret says 308 M marked out to 1000 yds. Leupold CS told me it was calibrated for 168 bthp's with a bc of .476 at 2650 fps at sea level. the one on the 30-338 turret says 300 win mag M3 marked out to 1200 meters with a duplex crosshair and is supposed to calibrated with 190 gr bthp with a .496 bc at 2900fps at sea level. from what little 500 to 1000 yd shooting I do they are close but I don't shoot at sea level and the velocity of my loads are different than idealized.I only have about $450 each in them but still think I did ok for the money. Any add'n info you have on them is appreciated if you will share it. Magnum Man

Those are good scopes, especially for that price!

I have an order in with Leupold for a MOA calibrated M3 knob with zero stop. The straight MOA knob (with zero stop) was apparently not an option on M3 dials, so Leupold had to write an entirely new program specifically for my order. Didn't cost me anything more than standard replacement dial price, though it's taking a big more time than usual (oh well)! I'll let you know how it works out - should be a better option than trying to make a cartridge specific dial work for you.