That's sounds pretty strange to me, RD. I had the impression Formidilous ran a shooting school where he taught long range shooting skills and was a former military sniper.
I recall him saying that one of the Nightforce scopes he has run has been used a great deal and that it had been his most problem free scope, but I don't recall him claiming that they are basically problem free as a brand. Then, of course, we have the posters who complained that they couldn't get their scopes fixed in any less than six months. Nightforce advised them against sending them in for minor repairs.
I also recall he had excellent service from some of the Leupolds he's seen used.
The bottom line is that all of these guys have seen a few scopes used. Some have had problems. But you can't make any claim that one is better than the other until they have been tested under controled conditions. After all, Leupolds have been used extensively by the US Army since the mid 80's. So, if one fails, just what kind of use did it have before it failed ? And how did this compare to the others ? Only careful testing can determine this. E