yeah I am saying leupolds tracking isn't that great, and I stand by it. once you have had a couple leupolds fail in this area even after supposedly being fixed. I have learned that when I need that from a scope leupold isn't what I trust. I do have a vx3 3.5-10 CDS scope on another rifle thats been a decent scope I haven't had problems with it. but its still not as eye box or get behind friendly as my 3.5-15 NXS or any of my bushnell elites. all this doesn't really matter if you don't use the scope for long range, none of it matters actually. all the leupolds I have owned do a great job of holding zero if you set it and don't touch it, but so does pretty much every other scope brand I own, bushnell, sightron, nikon, burris, weaver, etc. The leupolds the military are using are mainly units that have been in inventory for a long time, which if you look at what was out there 10 years ago, leupold prolly was the only game in town then.

ermicus as far as I am concerned you are so brand mioptic biased to leupold I don't see your comments outside of leupold to be that helpful. back to the original question is NF worth it, it depends on what you are doing with the scope. if you are not cranking dials even I would probably just put an elite 4200 on the gun. if you are going to use your turret all the time then yeah I say there isn't really anything out there better. talk to the guy over at snipers hide that runs the site and even he says he has had problems with USO and S&B at different times. never a problem with NF. I am just repeating what he has said so take it how you want. I personally don't see myself ever spending 3 grand on a rifle scope like a S&B