I think that camo that is carefully matched to the environment in which it is used and is as one poster above points out, kept clean and free of invasive odours, CAN help in one's overall hunting success. I have some and use it, but, since I am only a simple rifle-"meat" hunter, I do not consider it crucial to my success.

Actually, the closest stalk-shot I have ever made was in November, 2006, when, I crept to within less than 10 yards of a Blacktail spike on Vancouver Island and shot him at the base of his skull with my custom Husqy HVA 7x57. It was late afternoon, raining, the entire environment was darkish to medium misty green and my footfalls were silent due to the heavy moss cover on the old "skid trail" I was hunting along.

I was wearing a dark-medium green sweater, cap, Filson's whipcords and brown gloves and I always have a camo neckerchief to hide my handsome visage....I have shot about 20 of these deer so dressed and it seems to work just fine in the typical BC "rainforest".

I do have and like both Cabela's "Outfitter" Micro-Tex clothes and also old Columbia "Trebark" fleece that really blends into the alpine rocks. So, I stick with these and am not going to spend megabux on the latest "digital" or "Opti" ow whatever.....