All good stuff above! I'd like to add something that I've done to this chat..surely you need to make up your own mind.

Years ago before camo was cool, nobody wore camo, in the Maine woods that I hunted. Usually all wool cause our season was in November and could be cold. Dark green wool pants, normally a plaid green or red jacket with a blaze orange hat with a blaze orange vest. Killed a lot of deer in those days. What I notice with my hunting crew was that the guys that didn't get a deer every year were dress with blaze orange coats and wool pants. None of us were sitters. We all still hunted. I think the guys with the Blaze Orange coats were seen by the deer because of the movement of there arms and would move left or right into the line of another in our party.

I then started hunting in our October bow season and bought some camo. Back then you had a hard time finding camo that was quiet as wool was. I've worn it off and on since then and frankly do not see the need while hunting big game with bow or rifle.

After going through a school provided by the USMC I learned about camouflage and concealment. A ghillie suite with natural foliage tied in it, is in my mind the very best way to hide you and your movements. Your movements need to be ultra slow. This system works awesome with BG animals and birds which I've gotten so close to bedded animals I could reach out and touch them. Which is more fun than killing them. Cause when I get that close I usually don't and just count coup.

If you choose not to wear camo I'm with you. Earth tones & quiet clothing is all you need...just wear the colors of your surroundings...dark for dark surroundings and light for lighter surroundings. I am a strong and firm believer that your face and hands need to be covered. Either with gloves, face mask or paint. These two items are over looked by some and move the most. Which is when animals are most likely to spot those movements.

Smell, well it only makes sense to be as odorless as possible when dealing with animals that can smell well. Smelling like your surroundings is the best. Pick the local foliage and rub it all over yourself. It will help mask your human stink.

Many moons ago an Oldtimer once told me big game animals have three senses, sight, smell, and hearing. If an animal only sees you he normally won't bolt. If he sees you move he will be alerted and cautious. But if he sees and smells you or smells and hears you or any combination of two sense he'll be gone in a flash. I use that old wisdom to this day.