A couple of points.

1. Camo has become the hunters uniform and anyone wearing camo represents the entire hunting community. I tell my firearm safety students that if they act like a jerk in McDonalds in July while wearing camo, you have negatively impacted non-hunting people. Be careful with this. I smile and say, "go ahead and act like jerks, just dont do it wearing camo. Of course, your parents just rolled their eyes at that statement!"

2. You cant prove a negative. All of the testimony that someone got close to game while not wearing camo is not proof that camo isnt better. Say they got within 30 feet of 400 deer in the last 20 years while not wearing camo. Well, by wearing camo, that may have been 420. or 520. who knows and it cannot be proven one way or the other without some serious scientific methods.

If you are happy not wearing camo, fine. If you like it, fine. I would not laugh at or disparage either group. I personally like it as I like the garments that it comes in (Cabelas wooltimate is a great example as it does not come in in non-camo).

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.