Last fall I shot an elk out of a herd of about 80 that was scattered along an open ridge top and in a basin near the top. The approach was wide open, in plain view, as I climbed 2000' over a mile long hike. The 'cover' was knee high sagebrush, nothing else. I was wearing solid green shirt and pants with a dark blue cap, no camo at all. Since I was in plain sight for the whole time, I moved slowly and tried to keep going straight at them to minimize sideways motion. Finally, at 350 yds (lasered), I decided that I was risking it all to get closer so I took my shot from there.

I planned how I moved and I had the wind. I'm convinced that I could have been wearing a clown suit and got just as close. They just weren't watching. I guess they felt safety in numbers and assumed that no one was dumb enough to climb up to where they were. I shot my cow on a VERY steep place. I rolled her down about 400 yds before dressing her while a group of about a dozen cows stood on a knoll 200 yds away watching me and barking the whole time.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.