Originally Posted by Penguin
As far as posting what you eat etc. The biggest one of these types of threads I've seen on the net has all kinds of info. A lot of folks bundle up the week into one post that has everything in it. Some post every day. And you have everything in between.

Well, my comment on not posting what I eat was tongue-in-cheek. I was really strict a couple years back when I had a goal to lose some weight, but now I'm right where I want to be so I've loosened up some. I follow a lot of the advice one of my former trainers gave me, except I have a few carbs in the form of whole-grain unsweetened cereal in the morning, either mixed in Greek yogurt or with lowfat milk and a fistful of walnuts for Omega 3's. (The trainer was a power lifter and competed in bodybuilding, and his diet would make a Spartan look like Keith Richards.)

I eat clean for a half day most every day, the only carbs from grains are in the morning (and not many at that) and I normally burn those with a mid-day workout. For lunch (when I'm at home) it's always a low-fat protein without carbs and either a big salad (dark green mix, no iceberg or romaine) or steamed vegetables like broccoli or squash. I make my own stuff and bring it to work. This week it was chicken cacciatore I made on Sunday (skin and fat trimmed off and no pasta with it) and elk stew I made in the crock pot last night, with just carrots and yellow squash added.

Nights are where I often go a little "unclean" usually in the form of a glass or two of red. When I was shedding pounds, I never touched it, because it represents a couple hundred calories I could do without.

Snacks during the day are nuts and maybe some fruit. Almonds, oranges, and apples most often.

A wise man is frequently humbled.