Old Roy did market one MKV action which I found to be pretty well balanced. Though the handle left much to be desired.

Back in the late '70's a local drug store had their entire line of MKV deluxe on sale for half price, each caliber from 224 through 340.

I picked up the 26 inch MIJ varmintmaster in 22-250. I only put about 1500 rounds a year through it. But it still managed to split the stock in the second year.

Back when I was twenty years old, I thought it was a pretty cool rifle with the Redfield windage adjustable mounts and 3-9 Redfield accutrac scope.

It took me a few more years before I discovered the inherent failings of both parts of that system.

In SS and with a svelte lightweight classic style stock, and a chambering worthy of big game, the original Vermintmaster would have made a pretty decent hunting rifle. It is really too bad they discontinued the rifle before they ever got around to building it in 25 caliber.

I would say, they are even worth the price of admission............when you can find 'em new on clearance at 1/2 price.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.