Some good responses here and glad to see them. I have one or two guys who shoot quite a few deer, or last time I talked to them did, and donate them to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry. I knew the Carolinas had a long season and had seen pretty much 1 a day for 3 months, that's a bunch of deer. One of the guys I know would love to get into the cull hunting, as we hunt over in the Montgomery county area at times. I don't see trail cameras and food plots as being part of hunting, just like shooting from trees. But I guess some do.

Steelhead, do they have a Farmers and Hunters organization where you live? they're a good organization, and happy to get the meat.

VarmintGuy, I knew a guy who moved out there, but up north, forget the name, darn, something Falls, and he took out all the tickets he could for several years, and shot deer that he then donated to the Social Services people to give to needy families. I'm like you, prefer a challenging hunt to quantity, I've sure not killed any 40 deer a year, or anywhere near that. Haven't killed 40 in my whole life.

Will be coming back to see the answers. A friend in Nevada said they can only get a deer tag, every third year there.

Ghost