Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Ghost: I am not into "quantity" I am much more interested in "quality" Hunting!
I have a nice Antelope in my freezer already and have about 5 more weeks to harvest a Deer and/or an Elk in Montana here.
That will be at least "enough" meat in our freezers for the next years useages.
I hold no quarrel with those that can shoot and eat 40 Deer per year.
If Deer are so prevalent that the limits are at 40 per year per Hunter then I say get after'em and make sure the herds stay within bounds and healthy.
I love venison but to eat 40+ Deer per year I don't think that fits into my lifestyle/needs/wants.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Year ago I hunted South Georgia Whitetails out of a family tree stand. At the time the limit was 7 per year there. At the end of the morning my cousin came by to ask why I had not shot any of the does that came by my stand. I thought they were fawns! Those deer were tiny.

I'm with varmintguy, if your state let's you shoot 40 a year, more power to you. With that much population you need to put more in the freezer to get through the year. I prefer our "Big Boned" deer out in the west. BBWT?

In Idaho if you draw all the tags and buy an unsold Non-Resident tag (at full cost) you could legally shoot 3 deer per year, 4 if you get on a depredation hunt. I have always been able to draw my local "X" (for extra) antlerless tag, but not this year. They have been discovered and competition is higher.

To answer the OP's actually question, The most I have taken in single year here in Idaho is three. One on a Whitetail tag, one on an "X" Antlerless Whitetail tag, one on a Mule Deer Antlerless Depredation tag.