Originally Posted by RIO7
Pointer, Thank you for you reply, I have no exprience managing deer on small fragmented pieces of land, I would find it frustrating not to have control of the land and the food, water and cover, not to mention what critters were taken each year and their numbers.

I have taken control of land that had no or nearly no deer, and thru habitat management and deer management, the land and the deer recovered, it takes time but it can be done, mother nature can do wonders if given the chance to do her work. Rio7
I think we are on the same page then. My situation is just much different than yours. We have fun on our 55ac. If I ever hit the lottery I plan to blow most of it on dirt. Lots and lots of dirt! wink

From what I've gathered from your postings here you guys seem to have a very good thing going on down there. Congrats! Ever give tours? wink I did my graduate research on a large ranch that was managed well for both wildlife and cattle. It was a great place to spend some time and do a bunch of learning.