Been hunting since my mid to late 20s so probably 20 years because some years I didn't get to hunt at all and most years I got to hunt maybe one weekend due to family and work commitments I guess you could say I've never understood where folks get the time to hunt multiple deer per year and in truth have probably been a bit envious.
Anyway for years it was bucks only and one deer per year here in KY. Buddy and I hunted about 4- 5 years before either of us saw a shoot able buck while carrying a rifle. Buddy then moved away and We didn't hunt for several years before reconnecting. Today deer are much more common here in KY but still if you only get out 2-3 days a year getting skunked is not uncommon. So in all I have taken 18 deer 10 bucks and 8 does all rifle or ML . The most I have ever taken is two in one year. Family won't eat venison so to kill more would be way more than I can eat myself or give away. I do enjoy it but at 18 even though that's not many to some of you I feel like the novelty is waning and I am not that worried anymore if I get one or not. I really can't relate to ever wanting to kill the quantities I see quoted here. That's a lot of killing.