We had 50 foster children over the years. The state didn't cover all expenses. I shot 6 deer/yr maximum. Then there were antelope and elk. After a year of eating deer meat my mother-in-law who was living with us bought some beef roast for Sunday dinner. My wife took a bite, stood up and in a loud voice said, "Oh yuk. I just cannot stand this deer meat." Which caused great mirth, my mother-in-law and I broke out laughing. Mother told daughter you've been eating nothing but deer for over a year. I thought you'd like some beef for a change. The subject of 'deer' meat never came up again.
The number of deer I shot never was as many as needed. I have some trophies but I am not very proud of them. They mounts are in boxes. I mainly shoot does anymore due to availability of licenses. Oh, yeh I started deer hunting in 1963 and so far have drawn two tags is all for this year. I have one cow tag and applications still have not returned on all applications.

Last edited by Bugger; 09/02/16.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally