Originally Posted by bangeye
Frankly I have never figured how so many folks find the time to kill dozens if not hundreds of deer as well as other game.

I love deer hunting. Fortunately I own my own company and have good guys working for me. My routine in the fall and winter, up until the end of January, is I take off a few hours early on Fridays, come in to work a few hours late on Saturday mornings, and we're closed Saturday afternoons, which allows me to hunt in the evening. The first week after Thanksgiving is the beginning of shotgun season and I take some vacation time and we're closed Christmas week.

I average about 12 a year. We're over populated here and the bag limits are generous in a way to protect the heard.

Bow - 1 buck and unlimited does
Muzzle Loader - 1 buck and 10 does
Shotgun - 1 buck and 10 does
1 bonus buck with the weapon of choice after killing 2 does

I generally take the first couple and get them ground into Burger (add 20% beef fat)and hot Italian Sausage (add 20% pork fat). I keep most of the back straps and some roasts. Then I start giving it away to my son (if he's not getting out and taking some his self)and my guys who don't hunt. These Hispanic guys will take all you can give them. When I get tired of cutting meat, I donate to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry. I donated 3 last year as well as $150.00 to help pay for processing.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 09/08/16.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan