Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by KFWA
this shows exactly why the government wanted an internet cutoff

can you imagine a social media call to all armed citizens to go defend the Bundy ranch against an armed assault by a federal program?

I told my wife the very same thing yesterday. If it came down to it, I wonder how many people would pack up their gear and head down there to make a stand?

who is to know the answer to that question, but i can add a little more. You have to keep in mind a lot of these areas are not heavily metro settled, and families go back generations, and are interelated. Shoot, i have had contact with people around various parts of the country, all having a common heritage to the ranching early families in central arizona, and to the north. There were NOT a lot of people around not that far back, and it is not hard to find commonality. Particularly in ranching circles. Everybody knows of or knows everybody else. Those loyalities run pretty deep. I recieved something today from someone with a 100year history of ranching, and it basically supported bundy's position, and mentioned the blm being the strongarm of running thousands of ranchers off. That's okay i guess, if you want to eat turtle, or sardines. But if you want to eat beef, you gots to feed them, and throwing hay out doesn't work. Ask some of the cattle guys on this forum about hauling water/feed when the range won't support them. And you wonder why beef prices go up? What always seems to amaze me is how people with kvetch about cattle messing up the countryside/forest but have never seen what a herd of a couple hundred elk will do in wet weather. And what another federally protected species, that little burro will do to waterholes.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO