I find you guilty of your own words.

This is a free forum, ya can find me guilty of what you want.

How do you know it was a scoped A.K.? The rifle i saw was i believe a tacticool ar15 in 308.

Didn't say it was.

OK, so he was packing a scoped AR 10, I freely confess to profiling based upon his location, wardrobe, associate, and especially that silly knife literally dangling from his belt.

Profiling works most times.

How do YOU know it was 400yards?

My best guess, based upon the size of the folks in the background given that photographs commonly forshorten distances.

You you know where this was? We ought be able to google maps it pretty easily and get a good estimate.[/quote]

Have you ever shot a scoped a.k. if in fact that was the rifle, at 400yards?

I can say I have seen it done and the ability to hit a chest size target with regularity was NOT an issue.

Well if it weren't an AK the issue is somewhat redundant but, if even he can group 3" at 100 he's still about what, 15 - 20" at 400? Enough as you said to hit a chest-sized target "with regularity" as long as one doesn't need to worry about the occasional irregularity.

But even if it were a match .308, and the guy a national competitor on a perfect rest, would you still want this guy possibly shooting over your head into a milling crowd on his own hook?

Where's his radio for command coordination? Who is in charge of all assets on the ground? IMHO a whole bunch of loaded chambers there are apparently pointed at decent Americans in uniform just attempting to do their jobs while opposed by other decent Americans.

All it woulda taken is one wingnut. A tragedy narrowly avoided.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744