Rick,

I'll be interested to hear.

Eileen and I have used a variety premium bullets in various .270's, including Fail Safes, TSX's, Speer Grand Slams (the dual-core version) and 130 and 150-grain Partitions. Haven't checked my notes but have no doubt the Fail Safes and TSX's exited more often, but all have killed well.

In fact the "quickest deadest" I've seen a bull moose killed was with the 150 Partition, and though the bullet was recovered (an angling shot from the rear left ribs to the right shoulder) the bull took a step and half before dropping dead. Have seen the same thing on African plains game, and when Craig Boddington finally decided he had to use the .270 Winchester on an elk, after years of saying his preference was for bigger bullets, he used the 150 Partition. Turned out the shot was the longest he'd yet taken on a bull (it was a good 6-point, on the Whittington Center), a little over 400 yards--and the bull died quicker than any he'd previously shot as well. I seem to remember the bullet exited, but could be wrong.

Of course, Craig went back to using larger cartridges after that, but you don't read anything about the .270 being a little light for elk in his writings anymore....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck