Yes he does as do most African PHs and there is/was a very valid reason for this (BTW, check the date on the article). I've spoken to him whilst at DSC a few years ago (keep in mind that article was written sometime ago). When Weatherbys first hit the scene, the bullets at the time could not stand up to the velocities they produced thus resulting in many animals being wounded due to bullet blow up.

This, coupled with the marketing ploy by Wby about using say, the 257 to kill zebras, didn't help any. Also, the first manufactured MKVs (German)had an issue with the safety, although not as infamous as the POS Remingtons. So the perception and reputation was well-established and it's been an uphill battle since. Today, with the advent of the same projectiles Don speaks of, Weatherbys are doing very well in Africa. I don't remember which author, either Seyfried or Layne Simpson wrote a good article discussing this. I can only speak for myself and my limited experience with Weatherby rifles. My 300 has acoounted for almost twenty head of AFrican game, and I did learn my lesson ..once with Hornady bullets in my 300. I like my Weatherbys, Model 70s and Browning Safari grades, based on *MY* eperiences and on the same experience, you couldn't GIVE me a Remington. While you are at it, you might want to read what he thinks about those too.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”