Originally Posted by Yukoner
Bro. Dwayne,

Greetings from God's Greatest Effort in Creation, the Yukon! Trust this finds you and yours enjoying the deer steaks.

Clearly it is not without some particular effort that one manages to chamber a 250 in a 22-250. I for one would be interested, as I have had experience in trying to chamber a 280 Rem. into a 270 Win.

Best,
Ted

Ted;
It's good to hear from you sir, I trust this finds you and yours well up there - no argument from me on your location's status in Creation either Ted. wink

Getting a clear story of how the chap managed to chamber the .250 in the .22-250 was always hampered by a couple factors unfortunately.

For starters both the original owner of the firearm and then my shooting mentor who ended up with it after the incident are both long gone now, so further investigation from the principals is out of the question.

The shooter was a local hobby gunsmith who's work was really very good when he was in his prime. If memory serves he stopped shooting not that long after the incident and passed on shortly thereafter too.

According to my late friend, the shooter related that he indeed had to pull quite hard on the lever to close the action - I'm thinking it must have pushed the bullet into the case somehow as he did so.

Other damage to the firearm was considerable by the way - he never did find end of the hammer for instance, the fore stock and butt stock were split and the lever/trigger guard broke off as well. Somehow the shooter only had jangled nerves and some minor cuts and bruises on his shooting hand.

Anyway Ted, I know that's not much information, but it's all I have, so sorry about that.

All the best of our Lord's blessings to you and yours this summer and in the upcoming hunting season too Ted.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"