That's cause I took one (3 actually) for the team. wink

Have had two bolt handles fall off and 1 extractor break. The extractor didn't really break but something happened to it such that it wouldn't grab the case rim any more. Oh, I remember, it twisted around in the bolt face. Anyway, it didn't work and I needed a cleaning rod to get the case out. Replacing the extractor cured that problem.

I've had bolt releases get stuck in the down position so that when you work the bolt it comes right out the back of the receiver. No biggie, just put it back in.

I've also had the ejector pin get jammed up several times by a sliver of brass sheared off by (variously) burrs or a raised lip around the ejector pin hole, or brass shaved off by a too sharp extractor hook. It extracts the case okay but it just sits there held to the front of the bolt, you have to reach in and flip it out with your finger. That is, if you haven't tried to load the next round and gotten everything jammed up. All you have to do is get a screwdriver tip or something and push the ejector down a couple of times to work the brass shaving loose to fix it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got all of those rifles so the rest of y'all wouldn't have to put up with them. You're welcome... wink

But seriously, despite my beating the odds with Model 700's I still like them. They're generally very accurate and the old triggers could be adjusted down to a nice crisp pull, albeit they might go off when the safety is released so always watch that muzzle!

I had a string of several one shot kills with a M700 BDL .30-06. it always worked flawlessly but it wasn't put to a torture test, just carried out in the hills for a few hours. I like the rifles, still have five of them, but I wouldn't trust my life to one, especially one that had to be carried in dusty or icy conditions for a while.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!