I don't give a damn about their commercials or the sexual orientation of anyone else that buys Subarus. I am on my second Outback. I'm Conservative and love them. My 2000 Outback was rear ended turning into a gun club's road. My car was catapulted thru a 6X6 sign post and into a bunch of cedars. The other car had to be put on a flat bed and removed. I was able to back my Subaru thru and over the cedars back to the road. I had it checked out by the local Subaru dealer despite the body damage (that resulted in it being totaled) it was safe to drive the 250 miles home. They were pulling branches out from the under carriage, checked it over and said it wasn't even out of alignment. In everyone's book, that's a tough car! It had about 110K when it was totaled. I went right out and bought another one (2007) and have 119K on that one. While hunting on State Land, after a snowstorm, on an unplowed road with a couple buddies in my Subaru,we drove around a Ford Explorer that was stuck. My buddies could not believe it.

We own or have owned Toyotas, Hondas, Kia and a Mercury, my Subarus are as reliable as any of them. The only thing I've had to replace are a couple of wheel bearings. My mechanic who has an independent auto repair shop, loves Subarus.