Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

never understood why that was such a compliment. a double action revolver trigger is the most difficult I know of to shoot well. You have no idea when the trigger is going to break it just keeps getting heavier. I was doing a 3d 270 degree simulator, they present different situations to you. one was a guy who had a hostage with a knife to her throat. I was using their glock 19, which is a real gun but with the barrel removed and electronic stuff replacing it. I have shot glock enough that when the guy was waving his hand around, and moving around with the girl as he was yelling. I had my gun pointed and the first stage of the trigger taken up against the wall of the second stage. as soon as his head cleared the girls I squeeze off a round right to the head of the perp. you are NOT doing that with a double action revolver. no way no how.

Actually, once you've got the double action revolver trigger working for you right, the fact that you don't know when it's going to break is an advantage, not a drawback. Knowing the exact point of break leaves you more prone to flinching just before the break.

How is it that Glock guys have the wherewithal to stage a trigger during a "hostage with a knife to her throat" situation yet they're stymied by a thumb safety while dry firing at the TV? smirk

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost