Ive been following this thread for several weeks. I have now been carrying and shooting my P365 for about 6 weeks. I have almost always carried 1911s and hadn’t really planned to switch EDCs. I also have Shields in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP. I like the Shields quite a bit, especially with the Talon grips on the 9s & 40s, as they are a bit narrow for my hand.

However, after handling the P365, now having shot several hundred rounds through it and carried it daily for weeks, I’m convinced about my choice to use it as my EDC.

The grip angle, thickness, surface and length fit my hand particularly well, making hitting with it easy and consistent. The sights present a quick sight picture both in daylight and night. I prefer straight 8s, but these Sig X-rays are quite good for 3 dot tritiums.

I had one slide lock failure on my second magazine but it was clearly due to operator error. I usually shoot thumbs high and forward and had this type of grip with the right thumb on the slide lock, causing this malfunction. I’ve now adjusted my grip so the thumb rests under the slide lock. No other rmalfunctions with either FMJs or a variety of HP SD loads.

Although I’m very skeptical of marketing hype, I believe this subcompact high capacity pistol is a breakthrough. The level of concealability combined with the 11 or 13 round capacity and shootability make the P365 stand apart. This pistol is what the Shield or G-43 should have been,

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now