Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am going to keep it, I know the manufacturer. They have sold over 50 of them and their test P365 in their rental cabinet has one installed and has 2000 plus rounds through it. In addition the trigger pull is better. I tested it a few dozen, in one string I unloaded 10 rounds in under 2 seconds. Call me foolish but a CNC milled SS part makes a lot more engineering sense than MIM.

I won't call you foolish, but I can tell you aren't an engineer, and don't know what makes "engineering sense". There are plenty of times when MIM makes more sense to use, but you might have to be familiar with the engineering and manufacturing details behind it to understand why.

I also question the "Rockwell 70" hardness number and suggest that it's misleading at best. Being quite familiar with 17-4 stainless steel, I know that it can't be hardened to 70 on the Rockwell C scale, which is the standard scale used for hardened steels. At full hardness it can only reach ~42-43 Rc. But of course LSI doesn't specify which Rockwell hardness scale, so the number is a meaningless marketing gimmick. LSI is probably using the Rockwell A scale, with the thought that 70 sounds better than 40 and most people won't know the difference. Personally that's enough to push me away; I'm not interested in being a sucker for someone's marketing speak.

Personally if I were making an aftermarket "improved" striker, it wouldn't be with 17-4 anyway. It's a great steel, but I don't think that's the right steel for that application.

Last edited by Yondering; 05/20/18.