I am a rocket scientist or at least claim to be one on the fire. MIM parts have a bad reputation in guns for a reason, because a higher percentage of them break than milled steel. You can say its a process, you can say it depends on how its done, and so be it, CNC cutting a steel part based on the information that I am familiar with has a statistically higher chance of being a reliable part. Does this say that MIM is bad, why no it just says that many manufacturers don't know how to do it right, so you have more bad parts. I don't buy any conversation about milling a good piece of steel into a bad part as its either milled to spec or its not and the tensile strength of the metal is the tensile strength of the metal. With MIM your introducing another variable.

If you can provide documentation that a MIM tool steel part is stronger has better tensile strength than a 17-4 SS milled part, then I will listen to you, but other than that your just two guys on the internet. I will just ignore that the part has to be made correctly in other words the mim part is manufactured well for the sake of this discussion.

Finally here are two guys that don't even own the pistol pontificating on the parts therein.