Hey, I'm out of this thread, but since I was addressed by the OP...

....you sound pi$$ed, prob'ly because I'm right <"shrug">

I guess we got a whole lot of deluded parents here. ( "Sorry kid, sure you're the daughter of a lower income single parent who just graduated with a Master's in Engineering from MIT, but ya ain't done a very good job grin ..and hey, all you Academy grads, and doctors and lawyers and engineers and whatnot, Deflave says y'all suck...." ) What does help tho is all the money they didn't spend on private schools that got invested somewhere else for the benefit of their kids and future grandchildren.

FWIW I've only spent half my life in Texas, the rest were all spent somewhere else, up North mostly, 'cept for those three at 5 degrees North where its summer all year round (wet summer and then dry summer wink ) And hey, I was in my teens before I ever got south of 55 degrees North.

Most of them thirty summers I WAS down here I spent half of 'em up North; visiting family. I mean geeze!.... who's gonna vacation south in the summer if ya live in South Texas? One summer around the solstice I even did this cool sun experiment where I spent sunrise to sunset in the open sun, over asphalt, every day, travelling from 29 degrees N to 43 degrees N. My experience was what it has always been, latitude matters, a lot.)

Cool beans on the 'dozer episode cool, wish I had the opportunity to do that. But 72 hours on a dozer in Laredo woulda been worse, even if it was only 100 out.

Anyhoo Dude, sounds like yer gonna need sunblock, by the crate, though it'll be slimy and little bits of stuff will stick to you and it will get in your eyes a lot. Whats really irritating is when it gets on the lenses of yer optics. I got so sick of sunblock I ain't used it in years, those old time cowboys and farmers and whatnot knew their business.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744