My pet load for the .35 Whelen is 60.4 gr. of R15, Remington brass,, Winchester WLR primer and the 225 gr. Barnes TSX. Velocity is 2710 FPS with sub MOA accuracy and puts elk down hard. Even the ones not dead one the first hit could not get up to try and get away. Rifle is a custom Mauser with 24" barrel, 1 in 14" twist. I have to admit that same load will lock up the bolt on my Remington M700 Classic. I also have a Ruger M77 Tanger but it has a headspacing problem so only use it for cast bullet shooting where the bullet if jammed into the rifling. I have 225 gr. Accubonds and Partitions but just haven't gotten around to trying them since the results with the TSX were so good. I believe I'd tackle anything in most of the world with that TSX load and not look back. I figure a load that will pass through an elk from exhaust pie to appetite should work quite well. grin
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE