Since I have other 35’s (35 Rem to 350 RM’s & 35 Whelen & thinking about a Norma) and other 375’s (375 Win to 375 H&H AI) and because I’m likely too old to go to Africa, I’ve come to the conclusion that a 35 Whelen and a 375 Whelen AI is as good for me or better than a 9.3x62. Besides if I were lucky enough to go and I could afford shooting a cape, I think my bigger 375 would work well enough with appropriate bullets.

If I were younger & able to go on safari I think the 9.3x62 to be a worthy cartridge that I’d want due to several reasons. Mainly the wildcat 375 Whelen AI ammo would not be available there. The 35 Whelen likely not good cape medicine and I suspect ammo would not be as available there either. And if didn’t have that bigger 375…

The other issue for me is I have an investment in molds etc for the 35 and the 375. I like to shoot cast bullets after hunting season is over.

A 9.3x62 is evidently an outstanding cartridge but I doubt one will be in my safe due to lack of opportunity to use it. Granted I likely could get along with just one 30-06 - the rest are just loonism

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally